[hpsdr] FW: SBC Inforce 6410

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Thu Dec 17 17:38:34 PST 2015

Thank you for your concerns Graham.  Laying out what is expected is always a good thing!
I would welcome others to check out the RP.  I’ve been playing with one for over six months now, and am still impressed with the cost vs abilities as an SDR.  It’s not a Hermes-killer, but I don’t expect it to be.

As regards to point 2, it already has Nyquist filters that unfortunately limit the RP to about 50MHz (I’ve checked).  I would like to bypass them for subsampling.

Pavel is handling the 125 MHz vs 122.88 MHz by resampling.  He was going to try the CIC filter up/down resampling, I don’t know what the latest is.  I’m more of the opinion that the oscillator should be changed out, but doing that may be beyond some amateur’s abilities.

I believe it is an eight-layer board.  This thing was designed by some smart guys playing with particle accelerators.  I don’t really buy into the “lab instrument” usage, due to the rather poor software (so far) and lack of front-end attenuators/amplifiers.

As Helmut pointed out, the RP is also supported for the HPSDR version of PowerSDR.

How does the HiQSDR, SDR-IQ, and Hermes-Lite fit into the competitive receiver-exciter domain?  If they are “acceptable”, I think the RP is pretty close to them.  (I’m really asking to get a better feel for where it should fit in the SDR world.  I don’t intend to be frivolous)
73, Terry, N4TLF