[hpsdr] PSDR stuff

MDS Info info at mds-ham.com
Wed Jun 17 12:09:58 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have a large list of concerns/suggestions concerning PSDR.  Here a few
items (one I already talked about)

1.  There should be a LOCK button for the Pan control.  I would like to keep
the spectrum as I set it up,
    regardless of what I click on.  Mine immediately changes the upper and
lower parts of the spectrum on click.
2.  In Alex, there should be a box to allow bypassing the TX LPF in rx mode.
If there is, mine does not work!
3.  In Alex, the XVTR RX does not work.  I have been told it works in
GNURadio...
4.  Using different Hermes boards, each one's calibration is different.
These values are not saved/restored with the
    particular MAC address associated with the board.
5.  I see no way to set RX2 up differently (LSB vs USB vs CW, etc) than RX1.
When the 7 receiver version comes
    along, a separate control panel for the receiver set ups would be
required, OR the setups must be included
    in each rx display.
6.  With two different Hermes boards, I noticed the same thing.  When I go
from 15db to 16db of attenuation, the
    pan adapter display jumps about 4-6db.
7.  In the panadapter display, my noise floor is approximately 10db lower
than the S meter reading with no signals.
8.  Often, the noise floor is lower than the maximum -120db setting of the
AGC line.
9.  The squelch control does not seem to function with VAC.

Thanks for listening..

73's

Glen K4KV