[hpsdr] useful feature Power SDR

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 9 16:39:04 PST 2015

hi all,I was working on an output transformer test to improve my efficiency a little on 6 meters.  The type 43 cores in my 1200 watt amplifier run warm on 6 meters so I'm looking at type 61 and type 67 material. I wanted to monitor my second harmonic but needed to compare it to the levels monitored by the predistortion pickup going into the main RX. I found that if Hermes is in MON and RX2 modes I could see the fundamental and second harmonic when RX2 was set to twice the frequency. The split screen made it easy to measure my second harmonic, The RX2 S meter does not function in Test or TX modes but the cursor works fine. This adds another cool test feature for testing amplifier performance. I monitor ahead of the low pass filter to see the raw amplifier performance.Does anyone know how to get the S meter working while in TX?Frank,