[hpsdr] Diversity experience.

Joe Martin k5so at k5so.com
Sat Nov 14 11:27:47 PST 2015

Hi Hagen,

In addition to what Kjell correctly said, when Diversity is active firmware receivers Rx1 (DDC0) and Rx2 (DDC1) are forced to use the same frequency and phase word.  These two firmware receivers are combined into a single IQ data stream that is displayed in the RX1 front panel display in PowerSDR.  You do not need to do anything with the RX2 button or the RX2 display in PowerSDR to run in Diversity mode.

As it happens, I am working with the other developers to create a visual signal path display option, and also a separate standalone program, that will show you how the rear panel connections of your radios are releated to the front panel displays in PowerSDR.  I’m about 2/3 done with the project now but when it is finished and released it may help with users understanding how rear panel connections, options selections, and front panel displays are related for any particular configuration you have set in software from the setup menus.

73, Joe K5SO