[hpsdr] PowerSDR mRx question

Gerald Sitton gsitton at mac.com
Mon Aug 22 15:05:21 PDT 2016

Hi Jim,

be sure to de select the box “use drive power”
You will find this in the “transmit tab” on the left you will see the “Tune”
below the meter setting is a selectable check box to use Drive Power.
Uncheck it and you will then be using the Tune power setting.
If you’ve already done this I apologize for the repeat of this step.
Jerry

All:

Finally making progress at actually getting on the air.  Setup: Atlas,
Metis, Mercury, Penelope, Alex.

I have two "issues" for which I seek advice:

1.  When I push TUNE, I get whatever output corresponds to the DRIVE
slider.  This, despite in setup, I have set TUNE power to 10Watts (I
think 10 means 10 Watts!) and de-selected "Use Drive Setting".  Any
suggestions on what I'm missing??

2.  To get any meaningful output on SSB, I have to enable the 50db gain
and maximize the audio drive.  I'm using an Icom IC-SM6 microphone, and
I have verified the proper settings on the jumpers on Penelope.  Any
other suggestions??

Thanks & 73,

Jim