[hpsdr] 630.

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 6 14:48:34 PST 2016

All,I'm looking at the output transformer. At 50 volts you would need 16uH so at 12V it is down around 4uH.  Changing from a type 61 core to type 43 core the permeability is about 7 times higher. That should yield enough reactance. BN 43 7051 or the Fair Rite equivalent should work at 12 volts. I measured the inductance of 1 turn at around 8uH. I had them in my big amplifier for a while and 2 turns primary worked fine at 50 volts on 160 meters. I only changed them out for mechanical reasons. BTW I'm using type 43 material on 6 meters with no heating issues but my flux density is under 10g. Frank,WA1GFZ