[hpsdr] 630.

Helmut dc6ny at gmx.de
Wed Dec 7 01:15:16 PST 2016

MUNIN needs an impedance transformation 1:16 or winding ratio 1:4 of the
output transformer. Since almost 40 years my friend Helge O. Granberg
(Motorola principal staff engineer) recommended to the designers that the
primary impedance at low cut-off should be at least 3 times the load
impedance or

                                                         2 pi Lp Fmin > 3 R

With R=50 ohms, Fmin=500 kHz:    Lp = 47,8 µH

It’s correct that you can multiply the L by factor 6-7 when moving from type
61 to type 43 of the core material. But it’s not trivial to employ such
transformer now over 7 octaves instead of the current 5 octaves. New
compensation efforts on the upper cut-off will probably be necessary, thus
I would suggest a tailored amp for 470 kHz.

73, Helmut, DC6NY