[hpsdr] CW break-in ?

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Fri May 6 15:02:47 PDT 2016

Hello Dom, I am remembering what I did some months ago on 4m using an
ANAN-10 and a ME4T-PRO transverter and a PA. This was when I was
operating from G4NOK. As a VHF operator I have never used any form of
VOX or break in as the the QRO relays are just not designed for it and I
am not clever like SM5BSZ who used QRO with PIN diodes on 2m.

Anyway what I did was use a PTT switch and/or footswitch via a
sequencer. This sequencer had 4 stages and the 4th stage was used to
drive the external PTT on the ANAN-10. I know that you have done the
same thing many times before with conventional radios as you are a
member of VHF and above DX royalty here in Europe :-)

So why not do the same with your ANAN setup?

If you are worried about low level RF from the ANAN driving your
transverter prematurely by accidentally hitting the CW key I am sure
that Break in can be turned off. As I say this is a good while ago now.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y