[hpsdr] PowerSDR, cuSDR and new GUI for HPSDR

Glenn Thomas glennt at gbis.com
Mon Oct 24 12:45:41 PDT 2016

Something that would be nice in the UI would be to make it user
configurable. Certainly provide a default screen but also include the
ability to allow the user to select which widgets he wants on the
screen, where they will appear on the screen, what their size will be
and possibly what their form will be (ie. dial, slider, buttons etc.).

If a user can specify (drag & drop?) several such configurations, the
need for folks to complain about the UI will be greatly reduced. As new
processing features are developed that require new/additional user
adjustments (for example, filter shape factors vs. filter latency),
these can be developed as new widgets to be adopted by the users as
desired. It will make the "guts" developers job easier because they
don't have to build a whole new GUI for every change.

It will take some significant GUI developer time to get this right the
first time. After that it should be a lot easier for everyone concerned.

73 de Glenn WB6W

--
"i" before "e" except after "c",
Or when sounded as "a" as in neighbor and weigh.