[hpsdr] Hermes-Lite 2 and the Hermes Redesign with 5W Amp

Steve Haynal steve at softerhardware.com
Fri Jun 2 09:59:02 PDT 2017

Hi List,

There has been some more private communication regarding open versus closed
tools and methodologies. One possible compromise would be to:

 * Post all Altium design files on the new openhpsdr github site, licensed
with some open source license
 * Ask Endre to try and avoid use of the handful of unsupported exotic
constructs listed at   https://github.com/thesourcerer8/altium2kicad
 * Those wishing to modify and derive from the design can then use Altium
or the above altium2kicad converter

Maybe I am the only one who cares, but I think a project that calls itself
as "open" hpsdr should do all it can to be open.

73,

Steve
KF7O