[hpsdr] New Hermes 2M board

Rod Brink kq6f at comcast.net
Sun May 28 13:10:16 PDT 2017

Hi Kjell -

The new Hermes project sounds very good.

I'm wondering, though, about preselection filters for the Rx.  Your mention of a Hermes together in a 2-slot box with a new Apollo suggests there will be no room for another board similar to the Alex Rx board.

I suspect there would be no room to incorporate preselection filters on the Hermes board.  Personally, I would favor leaving out the 2M circuitry in favor of VHF preselection, although I doubt that would free up enough room.

Perhaps another option would be to include the preselection filters on the new Apollo board...?