[hpsdr] How to configure a hermes IP connection?

Scott Traurig scott.traurig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 10:05:00 PDT 2017

"I don't run Windows".

Seriously? Is this a religious thing?

I don't understand why people simply don't use the right tool for the job.
That's like a "Windows guy" saying "Well, I'd like to have an open source
PBX, but I don't run Linux so I'm not going to solve my problem with
Asterisk." Or "I don't run Linux, so I'm not going to solve my open source
surveillance problem using ZoneMinder." Both of which, btw, represent the
pinnacle of capability in their respective arenas.

PCs are cheap. Disk space is cheap. Multi-boot capability is reality. Just
load up the right tool for the job, in this case Windows and PowerSDR mRX,
and get on with it. Worried about Windows security and stability--simple
answer is don't let it touch the internet, better answer is learn something
about Windows and how to manage those issues. It's no better or worse than
managing Linux related foibles, just different.

By the way, you could get the open source pihpsdr code and build it for
your Linux OS. That would probably be the best you could do on Linux, but
as it is intended for the computing power of a pi3 it is nowhere near as
feature rich as PowerSDR mRX.

73,

Scott/w-u-2-o