[hpsdr] CAT via Serial Port in piHPSDR

christian at dl7ch.de christian at dl7ch.de
Fri Feb 16 01:08:49 PST 2018

I would like to use the CAT command interface of piHPSDR (version 1.2.3
running on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian) to control an antenna tuner for
a magnetic loop antenna. The antenna tuner has a RS232-interface and
therefore should be able to be controlled by piHPSDR via a USB-RS232
adapter. I tried to enable the serial interface in piHPSDR in the
RIGCTL-menu as described in the piHPSDR-manual. The baud rate and
COM-port was selected first and then the serial connection enabled.
Unfortunately, I did not have success so far. The USB to RS232 adapter
seems to work on the Raspberry Pi, since I could establish a connection
via a terminal programm (minicom) to my desktop computer.
Is there anybody who successfully has used this relatively new
functionality of piHPSDR and could give me a hint, how I could get the
interface to work?

73 Christian, DL7CH