[hpsdr] Metis Protocol-1 Question

John C. Westmoreland, P.E. john at westmorelandengineering.com
Mon Jul 23 16:38:11 PDT 2018

Hello HPSDR'ers,

I upgraded my Metis board with the version 3.0 rbf that's on the Github
site and now it doesn't respond.

It will only respond when using the HPSDR Programmer with the version 3.0
rbf loaded.

I have an older version of Quartus v13.x installed on my shack computer,
and I put version 1.7 back onto Metis using the USB Blaster and after
making that build Metis will work no matter what position I have JP2 in.

If I try and put v2.9 back on - which is what I had previously, no matter
what position I put JP2 on, it won't connect (no ethernet activity - won't
respond to ping, etc.) - but of course the power LEDs are fine.

So, anyone know what's going on?

Metis is working in this mode OK - it'll connect to v3.4.9 of PowerSDR, but
it's just limping along right now.

Is there a way to program Metis using the USB Blaster connection on the
JTAG port?

Thanks In Advance.

73's,
John