[hpsdr] S meter bug

Roland ETIENNE roland.etienne at free.fr
Mon May 21 15:11:35 PDT 2018

Hi Scott,

Yes, you’re right, strictly S0 is -147 dBm. At the time I thought of this
possibility to display S point instead of dBm, (this is my small
contribution to OpenPowerSDR
), I had two choices:

Exemple in VHF:

1)       S1 could be displayed for signals >= -141 dBm and < -135 dBm
(strict value and above)

2)       S1 could be displayed for signals > -144 dBm and <= -138 dBm
(strict value is in the middle of the range)

I made choice 2, that’s the reason for the 3dB you mentioned. Of course,
this can be changed, I don’t know what is the best?

73,

Roland F8CHK

  _____