[hpsdr] Penelope output power uncontrolled

Tokio Endo endotokio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 06:17:29 PDT 2019

Hello,

Today I changed the orientation of Transformer T2, the outout transformer
of Penelope, like Pennylane. This is a well known fix for T2 reversal
reported years ago.

After this change, the output power of Penelop on, e.g., 40 meters band
jumped over 600mW on the forward power of PowerSDR V.3.4.9. The power seems
to be uncontrollable, but this is not identified by a power meter, but only
on the screen of PowerSDR.

The firmware version of Penelope is 1.8, and before doing this T2
orientation change, thais only yesterday, my Penelope worked fine except 6
meters band’s low power, only 100mW.

I’m afraid this problem might be caused my soldering work on Penelope which
damages some parts.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

73,
Tokio
ja1cca