[hpsdr] HPSDR(Mercury, Pannylane, adn Metiz) and PowerSDR version

Greg and Roberta GregAndRoberta at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 19:42:17 PDT 2021

Frequency response tailoring should depend on the application. For weak
signal and competitive operation (contests and pileups) I always use a
shaped passband of 300 Hz - 2.4 kHz. The shaping is in the form of a
response rising at 6 dB/oct from 300 Hz to 1 kHz. Most of the
intelligibility in human speech is contained in the energy above 1 kHz.

For local armchair contacts you may desire something flatter.

73, Greg, ZL3IX