[hpsdr] Phoenix

phil@pharman.org phil@pharman.org phil at pharman.org
Sat Apr 15 20:09:25 PDT 2023

Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately we had a number of PCB design errors with three versions of the Minerva board.  These could have been fixed but I was not able to contact Abhi, who designed and hence owned the PCB design files, so the project did not continue.

Whilst PCie works, and Steve uses this interface since its required for the features he requires, I was interested in ways that the DFC hardware could be mounted outside of a PC.

This is possible using USB-3 which provides sufficient bandwidth and using an FX3 micro processor then no FPGA is required.  In fact the RX-888 Mk2 uses this technique so would be a good basis for developing DFC PC software.

Unfortunate I was unwell for some time and unable to continue working on the openHPSDR projects.  I'm now fully recovered but working on a commercial IoT project so don't have time to contribute.

Steve's progress looks excellent and I'm very impressed with his project.

73 Phil...VK6PH