[hpsdr] OZY not invoking "found new hardware wizard"

Richard Faust dick_faust at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:25:53 PST 2008

Bill, thank you for responding. > I take it what you're looking for is a driver to make Ozy/Janus look > like a plain old Windows sound card?
This is exactly what I am looking for ! A wdm driver would be wonderful, but a plain
old Windows sound card should work in many cases.
 > I suspect there are people on the list that have the skills to do > such a thing - I've previously said I'd not do it but would be > willing to help anyone that wanted to do it. The code to talk to > Janus/Ozy is all out there and I'm willing to answer questions etc on it.
Please see my questions/comments below.  I think it could be possible if the
inf files are modified, but still use the same sys & dll files.
 > How much is Jungo? Does anyone know if it is any good? Can you > elaborate on what else was need to complete an implementation?
Jungo WinDriver is $4000 [node locked X86 or X64]- I obtained the link from the
Cypress web site as a suitabletool for FX2 driver development in all software enviroments.
The package generates source code in many different languages.
The free 30 day trial is very complete, including documentation - download at:
http://www.jungo.com/st/windriver_usb_pci_driver_development_software.html

> If you want to use platforms other than Flex or PowerSDR, start > asking the providers of those platforms to support Janus and Ozy! My > code to read from Janus/Ozy is LGPL licensed to facilitate other non > open source programs to use it.
Many "platforms" are not strictly SDR or even radio related but need the appearance
of a sound card and will not work with a "libUSB-Win32 Device"

---
The Jungo WinDriver software wizard created a shell OZY.ini file automatically and then
asked for more info than I was prepaired to supply, at the time.  I am not a proficient
software programer, so off to learn more.

What is interesting is that the generated file was recognized by XP as a sound card,
it is available at http://members.cox.net/k9ivb/files/OZY.zip
The biggest difference is that the Class and ClassGuid are different than the
libusb-flex-hpsdr.inf which is:
Class = LibUsbDevicesClassGUID = {EB781AAF-9C70-4523-A5DF-642A87ECA567}and
OZY.inf which is:
Class=MediaClassGuid={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Do you have any idea, if the "class" is changed along with the file name and following
the OZY.inf outline with the contents of the libusb-flex-hpsdr.inf, if this configuration
will allow the OZY-Janus board to still function properly ?  I know I will still have to
run a "bat" file to initalize the boards.

Also is there any theory of operation available ?  The block diagrams just give a flavor
but are not sufficent to decode the designers thoughts and required processes to
change anything.

Comments from anyone else with info on how to make the necessary changes would
be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Dick K9IVB