[hpsdr] Power Supply

C Frizell charlesfrizell at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 14:09:21 PST 2010

Erik

There's a heck of a lot more to power supplies than meets the eye. I
know, I've been designing them all my life.

If you buy one, that's the simplest route, but beware. Pretty well 100%
of modern power supplies are switching (SMPS) which is great for
efficiency but just terrible for noise. Designing a "noiseless" high
power SMPS is not a job for the faint-hearted.

I'd go for a linear if I were you, but even that isn't all that simple
if you want a constant 10A at a regulated 13.8 (nominal 12v)

If you need any help I'd be glad to oblige, just contact me. Power
supplies and power electronics are "my thing"

Cheers

Charles
M0DED