[hpsdr] Noob LPU question

Larry Gadallah lgadallah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 16:39:55 PST 2010

Hi all:

I'm in the midst of building my first LPU, and the instructions direct me to
bolt the regulators to the heat sinks and then to bolt the heat sinks to the
PCB using the supplied nuts and the studs on the bottom of the heat sinks.
Only thing is: There are no supplied nuts, and the studs on the heat sinks
are not threaded. In fact, they look like they are tinned and hence indented
to be _soldered_ on to the PCB. Is this the case, or do I have some
defective parts?

Thanks es 73,
--
Larry Gadallah, VE6VQ/W7                          lgadallah AT gmail DOT com
PGP Sig: 917E DDB7 C911 9EC1 0CD9  C06B 06C4 835F 0BB8 7336