[hpsdr] [newbie startup] where do i get a power supply for my power supply?

Dick Faust k9ivb at cox.net
Sat Dec 4 16:45:13 PST 2010

Erik
The LPU does accept 13.6 VDC nominal input and provides a pass through
connection.  If you view the schematic and specs available on the wiki,
you will find that this is so.
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=LPU

You can use a switcher or a linear mode power supply, but if doing any
weak signal work you should consider a linear supply.  Astron makes a
variety of linear units at different capacities, but not the only source.

The connectors are Power Pole and I have had  a good experience with
Power Werx with my orders

Power Werx also has some very good info on assembling Power-Pole - and
good component drawings and FAQs.

Home Page
http://www.powerwerx.com/

For General Assembly
http://www.powerwerx.com/assembly.asp

For help index: FAQs, Drawings, Shipping [domestic & international] etc
http://www.powerwerx.com/helpcenter.asp

Dick Faust K9IVB