[hpsdr] assembled my first Atlas - do I have a short?

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Sun Nov 7 22:38:17 PST 2010

Thanks for the replies, I think the takeaway was "this isn't normal for the
Atlas board, you can probably get away with an additional 18ma drain, but
this probably isn't a good start for a thousand-dollar radio".  So I've
decided to start over again with a second kit that I had squirrelled away.

However, this one has a bend/broken pin on the Molex connector.  As far as I
can tell it's one of the ground pins.  Considering that I seem to have spare
ground pins, is there any potential downside in using the damaged connector,
rather than trying to desolder the one from the first attempt or ordering
another one from Mouser?

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 7:28 PM, Erik Anderson <erikba at odysseus.anderson.name