[hpsdr] filtering options in FPGA

k3it gokoyev+k3it at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 21:11:46 PDT 2013

Hi Phil

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Phil Harman <phil at pharman.org> wrote:

>   I’d estimate about 5 mins work + compile time.

Sounds easy, I should be done in about a month then :)

I think this line needs to be replaced with something that casts 18 bit
samples from CIC to 24 bit out_data_I2/Q2 and may be double the decimation
rate in filter "B"

firX8R8 fir2 (clock, decimB_avail, decimB_real, decimB_imag, out_strobe,
out_data_I2, out_data_Q2);

 My personal preference is to send raw ADC samples to the PC, or a
> dedicated single board computer (SBC), and do ALL the processing there [image:
> Smile].

 I wonder if the FPGA can do real time data compression so that all data
fits into 1 Gbit.  I guess about 3x-4x compression ratio would be needed at
close too 300 MB/s rate.  Or is there a better way?

Hope you are feeling better!

73
Vasiliy