[hpsdr] filtering options in FPGA

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Sep 21 20:21:29 PDT 2013

Hi Vasiliy,

Nothing wrong with that approach. You will need to set the sampling rate in the C&C bits to 96k even though the data is being sent at 384k.  I’d estimate about 5 mins work + compile time.

The Polyphase FIR in the FPGA is quite efficient in terms of  number of gates it uses so I’m not sure you will save much in the way of space.

We do something similar on Tx i.e. the FIR is done in the PC and the CIC interpolating filters are in the FPGA.

My personal preference is to send raw ADC samples to the PC, or a dedicated single board computer (SBC), and do ALL the processing there .

A very interesting experiment, let us know how you go.

73 Phil....VK6PH