[hpsdr] Trouble updating Mercury firmware

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:15:24 PDT 2014

Jim

Almost right

There are two programs, HPSDRProgrammer V2 only talks to boards with
ethernet sockets and does not need the j1 jumper but it will not program
through a JTAG port.

the second program HPSDRBootloader is for use in the Bootloader mode as you
specified.    If you follow your steps,  EXCEPT use HPSDRBootloader it
should work..

HPSDRBootloader uses the pcap library, the J1 jumper and a raw Ethernet
packets and cane be used as a JTAG programmer for boards with no Ethernet
connector.

HPSDRProgrammer V2 is use UDP, no jumper and old firmware newer that 2.3,
This is convenients for update firmware without opening the box. But if the
old firmware is broke it will not work.

PS. HPSDRProgrammer V1.6 does both tasks but people got confused different
problem and what part of the program when with each task.

Dave KV0S  HPSDRProgrammer V2  and HPSDRBootloader Programmer and Maintainer

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Jim Sanford <wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org> wrote:

> All:
> I am finally assembling the system I purchased in pieces long ago from
> TAPR.
>
> I have successfully updated Metis firmware to the latest.
>
> I have installed J1 in Metis to put it in bootloader mode.
>
> I have installed J7 (last JTAG) jumper on Mercury.
>
> Running HPSDRProgrammer V2 version 2.0.4.0
>
> All the LEDs on Mercury that the manual says should be lit are.
>
> When I click DISCOVER, Mercury is not found, and I get an error message
> telling me to "Make sure the correct interface is attached. There is only
> one interface -- the ethernet interface on the computer.
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks & 73,
> Jim
> wb4gcs at amsat.org