[hpsdr] piHPSDR release v1.1.0-beta

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 03:41:23 PST 2017

I have pushed release v1.1.0-beta to github and it is now available for
download.

This are significant changes to the existing piHPSDR software. The major
changes include:

    2 Receiver support
    Split mode operation (VFO-A and VFO-B)
    Support for both original and new protocols and also USB support of
    Ozy based ATLAS systems.
    Support for DLE8000 dual filters.
    TCP/IP Cat interface (3 ports) emulating the TS-2000 command set.

Please be aware that when running 2 receivers at 192000 samples per
second the Raspberry Pi 3 starts to run hot, which is shown on the
screen as a thermometer appearing on the top right of the display. I
have found that putting a small heat sink on the processor chip resolves
the problem.

Also note that this build does not include FreeDV or PSK modes. It is
still in the source but needs some work after all the changes.

To install this release follow the install instructions which can be
downloaded from:

https://github.com/g0orx/pihpsdr/blob/master/release/documentation/pihpsdr-install.pdf

A preliminary user manual can be downloaded from:

https://github.com/g0orx/pihpsdr/blob/master/release/documentation/piHPSDR-Controller-Users-Guide-v1.1.0.pdf

73,

John g0orx/n6lyt