[hpsdr] My DFC Delusion?

Bryan Rambo bryanr at bometals.com
Fri Nov 23 15:48:38 PST 2018

Hi All,

I know I'm starting to lose it, no doubt of that, but I swear I remember the
early (very early) concept of DFC being one where the big, full 60MHz FFT
was done in the FPGA before being sent over PCIe to the computer.  I seem to
remember having seen a lecture by NR0V or VK6PH where this was the original
DFC architecture, ie to do almost all the heavy lifting in the computer
(and/or video proc), but to let the FPGA crunch out the FFT before going
over to the PC.

Or do I need to check myself into the looney bin?

73, Bryan W4WMT